At the initial consultation, we:
- Review your situation.
- Help you decide if a case can or should be filed.
- Give you an action plan as well as what to expect after filing and throughout the case.
We only accept cases that fit into our firm’s philosophy and our small caseload. That means we turn away more client than we accept. If we decide to work for you, you can be assured that we believe in you and your case.
There is a flat rate, $350 fee to consult with Regina for one hour.
Edwards Family Law has unique, customer friendly flat fees for our services. Prior to our taking the case, our clients know the full fee in advance – with no surprises down the road.
We discuss and agree on the fee during the consultation. This eliminates the extra stress that can result from not knowing how much the case will cost.
You will probably interview more than one firm. When you are presented with an hourly fee agreement, ask him or her why they cannot tell you how much the case will cost. I doubt they will have an answer that makes sense to you. Some hourly billers disparage flat fee firms, mostly because they are terrified that we have pulled the rug out from the old way of billing, which has been very profitable for them. They may try to convince you that somehow, they are worth the tens of thousands more you will pour into their firm, and that flat rate billers can’t possibly be as good or as efficient. You will have to decide that for yourself.
Quality and speed cost more than slow, mediocre service. We are by no means the least expensive law firm you can hire. If the absolute lowest fee is all you care about, just realize that if you hire the attorney who quotes the lowest fee, you run the risk of getting less expertise and professionalism than you and your family needs.
Out of Pocket Expenses
Most attorneys will charge for out-of-pocket expenses, which will increase your bill. When interviewing attorneys, be sure to ask if they charge for extra expenses. 9 times out of 10, they do.
- We do not charge for routine out-of-pocket expenses, which will save you money over the life of your case.
- We do not charge for mileage to get to court.
- We do not charge for long distance calls and faxes.
- We do not charge for postage, research subscription fees, courier fees or per page copy fees.
- We subscribe to a state-of-the-art server which allows every client to have 24/7 access to their case. We do not pass this cost on to our clients. It is our pleasure to provide you this service.
- We are too busy working on your case to figure out ways to nickel-and-dime you.
Award of Attorney’s Fees
Depending on the circumstances of your individual case, we may ask the Court to order the other party to reimburse you for your attorney’s fees and expenses.